Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Patch 1.11 - Freezing on Spawn fix

I have at least %95 of my points in operations....I know of quite a few people that have at least %80 of their points in Operations as well.

Why would you not want to reward your dedicted members with more maps???  Also these users are almost always decorated KZ2 veterans...

Thanks for reading,

Manny

lol listen to this man. He knows what he's talkin about. Sup Manny Smiley Very Happy

motherh666 schreef:

marentijn wrote:

LevTrin12 wrote:

Hi all,

Patch 1.11 is in the works and it will contain a fix for the freezing on spawning into the game. Other minor fixes are included as well. We are trying to release the patch in the upcoming two weeks.

The patch list reads as follows:

• Freezing after respawn will be fixed in 1.11
  • Voice chat for Squads now works properly. If checked, you can only hear and talk to players within you own squad.
  • Co-Op Campaign - Pyhrrus Evac - Ground Zero - Fixed a Hang at the start of a cutscene. 
  • Fixed a bug in Custom Games - Body Count - When target was set to 300,  only '50' kills were required to end the round. The range has now been changed from "50" "75" "100" "200" "300" to "50" "75" "100" "150" "200" and "250".
  • MAWLR Graveyard - Operations - During the second objective, the user could access areas of the map that should only be accessible once the objective is completed. This has been fixed.
  • Bilgarsk Boulevard: Fixed a collision issue at the HGH base
  • Stahl Arms – Graphics glitch with the two large pipes hanging in mid-air in the centre of the map.

Great job, Lev..

Offtopic:

Can you tell us when de killzone stats are back online?

It's been a while since we are able to check our stats online...

Grtz

We're working on it as I type.  You should be seeing them appear and disappear as we try and fully fix the issue.

Ok cheers! Bedankt..

Hi Lev, I wanted to point out that when the team is composed of 6 to 8 people, the chat is very noisy, not smooth. I hope that improvements in the chat in this patch solve the problem. Thank you

Guerrilla Games - Developer

Finkledoodoo wrote:
That's great. Thank you very much. I have one question, The server lag has been different since 1.08, could you please give a brief explanation as to what happened. It's so odd, I'm just fascinated with it. I need to understand. Please, even a layman's explanation would suffice.

If you are talking about the short freezes on spawn.  It was a bit of a freak occurance really.  Something that is really tricky to test against and took us a while to track down with great help from the community. 

It occurs more to players with large amounts of friends, which is what difficult to spot. 

Thats the tricky thing with the amount of patching we are doing.  Every time you touch any part of the game you run the rishk of changing something at the other end, in a unrelated place which can cause issues that wont be discovered until the change is live. 

Guerrilla Games - Developer

XxSPOOK_SHOWxX wrote:

motherh666 wrote:

PS: Patch 1.11 is currently in testing and once we know it is working as expected and we have a solid release time and date will we announce it and the full patch list.  Hang in there Smiley Happy

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! You Man or Woman should get an award for actually keeping us informed on whats going on. Unlike all those other devs that dont.

Your thanks are all that I need.  They are like a warm blanket on a cold day to me. Smiley Tongue

Seriously though, there are more people watching than you might think.  Just because they don't respond does not mean that we don't see complaints, issues or feedback. 

motherh666 wrote:

Finkledoodoo wrote:
That's great. Thank you very much. I have one question, The server lag has been different since 1.08, could you please give a brief explanation as to what happened. It's so odd, I'm just fascinated with it. I need to understand. Please, even a layman's explanation would suffice.

If you are talking about the short freezes on spawn.  It was a bit of a freak occurance really.  Something that is really tricky to test against and took us a while to track down with great help from the community. 

It occurs more to players with large amounts of friends, which is what difficult to spot. 

Thats the tricky thing with the amount of patching we are doing.  Every time you touch any part of the game you run the rishk of changing something at the other end, in a unrelated place which can cause issues that wont be discovered until the change is live. 

Just glad you guys are still motivated, thats all. Smiley Happy

On another note, can we expect anymore DLC news or new features (asked by the community) coming on the horizon?

Please give us SQUAD HUD back!!!!!!!!!

Lev,

Thanks for the freeze fix, ive gotten killed quite a bit on it. Another thing, why are people from EU, in the America regional leaderboards. Im seeing people from Spain in the leaderboards for America. Thnx.

motherh666 wrote:

Finkledoodoo wrote:

Mother666,
yes and no.
I am talking about the freeze, but there is more to it than just the freezes from the friends list. Games froze (3 seconds or so) from changing load outs too. And I think the freezing adds server lag. If I get a couple of notifications, I'll start to get a session master issue. If I play with my clan (we are all friends together) are playing and we all get the same friend notification, the higher the number of us getting that friend request will lag the whole game as if it were moved to an asia server. I think joining games where people have had a couple freezes play with more of a significance on server lag than not.

This is speculative; from my observations while playing. If I join a small or recently started room, the server lag will not be an issue. If I get a friend freeze, nothing noticeable happens, but after about three, the fire fights start to become one sided. I've found that if I have about 5-6 freezes in the same room, either I will lose most to all of my firefights and get a session master notification or I will be an unstoppable killing machine. Also, Ive noticed these effects when players complain about their freezing. If I hear a lot of players start complaining about the freeze, I usually get the session master within 15 minutes (1 full warzone match). Also, the same friend logging in and out doesn't even matter sometimes, but different friends always start the problem.

It's just boggling me as to which are symptoms of the freezing, the server or the patches. Which symptoms are just coincidence?

Either way, I believe that if what I conclude is right, when you fix the freezes, players will also complain less about lag in general.

It interests me because something similar happened like this with freezing in New Vegas. I was wondering if the patch may have caused a memory leak in either the server or our ps3's.