Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Patch 1.08

Magemasher13 wrote:

When will we be able to earn medals in custom games? The XP rewards really aren't all that high anyway.

Any chance of new Operations maps?

No XP (and medals) in custom games.

No there won't be more Operations maps.

Lev

jimmy_strings wrote:

Are you guys ever going to introduce some kind of visual or audible confirmation of triage taking effect?

also what about downed players being able to see if a medic is about?

Yes, we are getting indicators for Medics and distance to Medics while wounded on ground again.

Lev

peephole303 wrote:

This isan interesting patch...... Im pretty sure it was planned to have custum games add ons but seeing as our forums have people saying things like

"map rotation ruins the game"

"DLC looks great i wont buy it till map rotation"

"MAP MAP MAP MAP"

that they decided to just fix that problem as soon as possible as its impeeding profit

Well, it is a game-breaking issue. In fact, it probably killed off a lot of the potential online community for good. We wouldn't have complained so long if it had jsut been fixed. This problem should have been fixed like in the first week, it is that serious. I love Killzone 3 and think it's amazing, but I haven't played it in a month because of this issue (though I have the last couple days to try out the new maps). This is a problem with playability of the game, and as such it should have been addressed way before the other stuff like medic gun distance and sprint duration. I'm really upset with GG for taking so long to fix this, because they probably lost a lot of potential mp players for good over the last two months. Gamers can be fickle, and they are not going to stick around with a game for months waiting to be able to play more than one map. And times are very different now from when KZ2 came out. Back then, you had COD4, and well nothing else really. Now you have COD4, MW2, Black Ops, Homefront, Crysis 2, MoH, etc., with a new fps practically coming out each month. The competition is fierce now.

Additionally, what worries me about this fix is that if even one person in your lobby doesn't have the DLC, then nobody gets to play the DLC. This seems like a recipe for disaster. The odds that all 24 random people are going to have the DLC are probably low, so I fear we may never get to play the DLC maps again after they fix this problem. I hope I'm wrong, but I predict in about a month people will be flooding the forums with threads saying "I never get to play on the DLC maps I paid for".

LevTrin12 wrote:

jimmy_strings wrote:

Are you guys ever going to introduce some kind of visual or audible confirmation of triage taking effect?

Yes, we are getting indicators for Medics and distance to Medics while wounded on ground again.

Lev

Nice one Lev!

LevTrin12 wrote:

Magemasher13 wrote:

When will we be able to earn medals in custom games? The XP rewards really aren't all that high anyway.

Any chance of new Operations maps?

No XP (and medals) in custom games.

No there won't be more Operations maps.

Lev

I don't know how many more times they have to say this.

mr_riot wrote:

Hey Lev,

thanks for the update. Great  news!!!

Now the game is perfect!!!!

I don`t know if this is new and this is the right place, but i noticed a bug in arkmir snowdrift.

Sometimes after phase 1 in Operations the main ramp to the rig doesn't drop correctly. It gets stuck right in the middle.

No, this is not the right spot Smiley Wink, but we know about it. So thanks anyway.

Lev

jack-the-boxer wrote:

LevTrin12 wrote:

jimmy_strings wrote:

Lev

Nice one Lev!

Good improvement, should have been there in the first place though... This will make more people play medic Smiley Happy

PlasticPulse wrote:

peephole303 wrote:

This isan interesting patch...... Im pretty sure it was planned to have custum games add ons but seeing as our forums have people saying things like

"map rotation ruins the game"

"DLC looks great i wont buy it till map rotation"

"MAP MAP MAP MAP"

that they decided to just fix that problem as soon as possible as its impeeding profit

Well, it is a game-breaking issue. In fact, it probably killed off a lot of the potential online community for good. We wouldn't have complained so long if it had jsut been fixed. This problem should have been fixed like in the first week, it is that serious. I love Killzone 3 and think it's amazing, but I haven't played it in a month because of this issue (though I have the last couple days to try out the new maps). This is a problem with playability of the game, and as such it should have been addressed way before the other stuff like medic gun distance and sprint duration. I'm really upset with GG for taking so long to fix this, because they probably lost a lot of potential mp players for good over the last two months. Gamers can be fickle, and they are not going to stick around with a game for months waiting to be able to play more than one map. And times are very different now from when KZ2 came out. Back then, you had COD4, and well nothing else really. Now you have COD4, MW2, Black Ops, Homefront, Crysis 2, MoH, etc., with a new fps practically coming out each month. The competition is fierce now.

Additionally, what worries me about this fix is that if even one person in your lobby doesn't have the DLC, then nobody gets to play the DLC. This seems like a recipe for disaster. The odds that all 24 random people are going to have the DLC are probably low, so I fear we may never get to play the DLC maps again after they fix this problem. I hope I'm wrong, but I predict in about a month people will be flooding the forums with threads saying "I never get to play on the DLC maps I paid for".

I guess we can pick the new DLC map instead of any if we really want to play the new DLC

Harkonnan wrote:

I guess we can pick the new DLC map instead of any if we really want to play the new DLC

What we want is to be able to play a mixture of maps, just like in every other game that's out there. This can't be that hard to achieve if every otehr developer has managed it. The problem with selecting a map is that you can get bounced from lobby to lobby after each game, sometimes you'll end up in a match with only three people, sometimes you'll end up in a match that's almost over. This could all be fixed in matchmaking if they just matched people who have dlc with otehr people who have dlc. There's no reason why we should have to implement worakarounds just to be able to play all of the maps we purchased. I really hope 1.08 fixes this sensibly.

sweet is there any chance of more operations maps in the future or are we having just the 3 ?