Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Patch 1.08

Parv-B wrote:

Yeah, GG  dont want the game to be that way. But look what they've done now; completely split up the whole community because they want it to be their game, not ours. If they let this community do a poll to decide certain features, this game would probably be 10x better, but GG dont understand that in the process of doing their game, they're losing their loyal customers who wanted something different, which is a shame really, because games are made for entertainment and fun, however its just led to these online complaints

The leaderboards wouldn't matter too much anyway imo. I'm not sure about you lots, but I play a game for fun, not to neciserily be the best. As well as that, if you personally know that your on the high end on the leaderboard, you should be happy with that. Getting on the leaderboard is only a minute sacrifice for a feature that will literally regain and add customers

If you're playing the game just for fun, why does it matter if the custom games are ranked or not? Some people like to follow stats on how they're doing in the game. I'm sure you've heard of competitive players? That's what the leaderboards are for, and competitive players play this game just like everyone else. They also put down money to enjoy competition in this game. Allowing private ranked custom games means these players get cheated out of stats that mean anything, because every player will have the possibility to just cheat his/her way to the top. To some players this may not matter but to other players it could render the game meaningless.

Since people can play the game for fun in private unranked custom matches and players who want to play for stats can play public standard games I think GG is this way try to make everyone happy.

In my opinion though, I think GG could go another step and add ranked public (cannot be private) custom matches. I think this would be a step that comes closest to pleasing everyone, but I think GG is reluctant to do this because it seems making server lists (as this would be needed for public custom matches) is not feasible for them now or not on their project list or (whatever reason we know nothing about). It certainly would be great if GG would reconsider this.

Either way I'm fully enjoying the game as it is now.

Falte52 wrote:

Because you can easily farm the exp.

You can simply just get a couple people and just keep on killing each other to rank up easy as that and easily unlock the medals.

theres no point in adding that and GG shouldn't add that.

Don't even bother listening to them LeV when it comess to ranked custom games. how it is..is just fine

Just to clarify - I'm not suggesting that private games be made ranked. I'm talking about the creation of public, joinable custom games like we used to have and still want now.

in any game where there are unlockables/leveling there are cheaters. that isn't an excuse to take the axe to anything that those players might use to do so - that's just downright lazy development.

Gamers like a sense of progression. look at COD's prestige or MAG's Vet system. look at Killzone 2's request for additional ranks or Gears Of War 2's switch from TrueSkill system to 100 levels. continuing the feeling that you're still achieving keeps players active.

custom games are the solution to the problems that GG won't fix. Developers will stay around as long as they have DLC to push and we've just had our second. how many do we have left? 2 maybe? after that it's bye bye support and we're left in the cold again. public, ranked custom games will keep this game alive long after GG have moved onto their next project.

It's never too late to redeem yourselves - I bet there are plenty of Killzone fans that would come back if you gave them what they want.

I have been playing online a lot recently and have seen lots of lag in the last week.

Also the tactician sentry drones are way to powerful. Its ridiculous.

More powerful than the medi-droid. The medic needs that due to its disadvantagous weapons.

Sentry drones get a kill a mile away, while i zig zag through sniper fire.

Bad update, please everyone else post about this if having the same problem as me.

I love Killzone 3 but sometimes the server will just cancle out or the war zone objectives willl show double and the new DLC the slider doors also have to so it would slide but then still be locked

[ Edited ]

Smiley Happydear killzone fans, the slid-cover mechanic system in multiplayer is a must! i strongly feel that it will really add to the character performance and tactical strategy play. just imagine yourself running up to a wall/ barrier and performing a quick turn-around back to wall-hugging transition followed by a grenade toss over the shoulder using a 3 button timing sequence combination all in first-person view! w/ the brilliant work that GG has already done this would totally add to the dynamic simulation of fps game play and learning curve! secondly, in order to initiate grapple/melee one must stun the enemy first by hitting him w/ the back of your rifle. the enemy must shift into stun position before you can grab them... this forces you to get very close to the enemy for a first-hit dual combination. it would be overwhelming to see this implemented in the next installment (kz4.) watching your team members take cover is truly a sight to behold! thanks for reading GG! 

Do the developers even plan to implement the team balance they said they would? Will they still add squad chat? What about actual custom game servers?

is any 1 else sick of enemies walking though there mines and nt takin any damage at all or hw you pistol wip them n they dnt die but kill you all day yesterday this was happening i meen **bleep** on man

no it wouldn't tht would be crap the people who would want tht are the people who dnt watch there back and get brutalli melee like all my victims

So are we any the wiser as to when the patch is going to hit?

I was hoping it would be today but I've a feeling it will be Wednesday.

Sorry didn't have time to read all posts so my query may already have been answered so please bare with me.

I would like to know if there will be a patch that will allow you to customised ranked games. Like on Killzone 2 you could select your map, the no of player so , 8v8, 16v16 etc. This is the most important thing missing in my opiinion. I want to play games on stahl arms etc that are less crowded so the game will be more tactical. Currently its very hard becasue there are so many people on the map. Bring back 8v8 matches! Also like with the custom games you can select certain missions. Will this be brought back too??

Your response will be appreciated.

RV