Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Guerrilla Games - Developer

Re: Patch 1.07 to be released on Wednesday the 6th of April

It will be during the day so we can continue testing on the live servers and make sure everything stays standing. 

Re: Patch 1.07 to be released on Wednesday the 6th of Aprilup the gr

Awesome, keep up the great work, guys. I just wanted to know your opinion on 2 ideas:

1. Making scramble an active ability that works just like how Recon currently works.

2. Custom games, I know we won't be able to level up, but can I still gain medals in unranked games? Even if it means forfeiting the medal experience, being able to complete my profile in unranked games would definitely increase the life of the game for me.

Besides, the amount of XP you gain from medals is ultimately really, really negligible. People really just get the medals because they like seeing them, like me. So please, I beg you, let us earn medals in unranked custom games.

Guerrilla Games - Developer

Re: Patch 1.07 to be released on Wednesday the 6th of Aprilup the gr

1. I'll pass it on.  I think I have before though.

2. Its being looked into still.

motherh666 wrote:

SnakeMan-5811- wrote:

motherh666 wrote:

SnakeMan-5811- wrote:

motherh666 wrote:

Of course I remember.  Ahh how time flies ... Smiley Happy

Lol you remember my user name? I must have made one hell of a impression! Probably bad lol I remember Barbara(Ferret) emailing me asking how I did some of the stuff I did so she could forward it to you to fix haha. I made the thread linked below a while back to remind everyone of good times haha. So you on the SCEA forums or here? Yeah man that was what 6 years ago?

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Killzone-3-PS3/Just-gonna-set-this-here/td-p/901371

I am in both places at once now.  And yes, I remember your PSN ID.  Some you don't forget Smiley Very Happy

Good to see you're still about after all these years.

Lol Some you dont forget hu? Well i didnt forget yours or the other devs I had contact with. Good group of people. Yeah im still here lurking the forums and occasionally yelling at the newbies after all this time. A little older and more wise. Dont have time to give you the headaches I used to. You remember me resetting stats? lol Good times man, glad to see your still here and active sometimes lol Let me ask you something though. What made me stand out haha

Did we not play KZ1 online together at some point?  My memory is vague.

yes we did, good old snipe the dev events(those should make a return but they would be ruined by all the whiney bastards), Ahhh yes Viper99 was the other liason I couldnt recall his name. Well good to hear they are still there. How are things over there? Still partying I hope.

Man, you guys are the BEST DEVS, thanks for answering my questions!

I would ask more, but I don't want to annoy so I'll save them for the post-patch topic, they basically amount to wanting more operations maps and making the MAWLR Warzone map the same as the Operations map. That third floor is crucial!

Seriously U guys need to add server lists in the game.

I get it it that u want custom games to be played by friends and clans and etc.

but why dont u make only normal games appear in Server lists while custom games dont appear.

Seriously man finding a match is difficult in KZ3 and i think server lists would be a good idea atleast for normal non custom games.

I feel I should expand on my suggestion to make scrambler an active ability as there are many reasons that both marksmen and non-marksmen would benefit from the change.Making scramble and its subsequent upgrades active abilities would improve balance, expand tactics, and promote team play, without hurting one bit of the marksmen's effectiveness as a combat class.

First, I will explain the imbalances permanent scrambler activation creates. Snipers being off radar as well as keeping their teammates off radar has one clear advantage over every other ability in the game: it has no counter. The snipers second ability permanently keeps them off radar, essentially making tacticians useless against them all the time. Even the tacticians recon ability, which is only available for 30 seconds, doesn't spot marksmen at any time, they are simply off radar all the time. Because of this organized matches in Guerilla warfare are incredibly imbalanced. The only effective strategy for Guerilla Warfare matches is to have a team entirely of marksmen. Tacticians cannot EVER put them on radar, and they can turn invisible permanently, so every guerilla warfare clan match always has one team composed entirely of marksmen because they have no counter. This is a massive balance issue and is currently being exploited daily in clan matches.

The marksmen utterly defeats the purpose of the tactician and the advantages it provides in Warzone matches. The purpose of the recon ability in Killzone 2 was to spot other snipers, especially cloaked ones that could camp your team. Spotting and marking was essential, but not abused. Snipers simply do not need to worry about radar, because a tactician cannot put them on it, and firing their incredibly loud weapon won't make them show up either, creating imbalance.

The obvious solution is to make scramble an active ability used to counter the efforts of the other teams tactician in a strategic manner. I propose making The following changes to the abilities, and afterwards I will explain why these changes benefit everyone, especially the marksmen and their teammates.

Scrambler - Activate by pressing right on the d-pad. Makes the user invisible to radar, even when firing, for 45 seconds. 30 second cooldown.

Scrambler+ - Activated with right on the dpad. Scrambles the radar of enemies within 15 meters. Stacks with previous abilities.

Scrambler++ - Teammates are now kept off radar as well, even when firing, when they are within 25 meters of a marksmen using Scrambler. Stacks with previous abilities.

With these suggestions the Marksmen gains the ability of being a direct counter to the tactician, and gains a vital team role of strategically keeping groups off of radar at ideal moments. With the current setup marksmen currently are always giving away their position with scrambler++, so many are choosing not to get it at all, preventing their team from benefitting from blind enemies. An active ability setup provides many more avenues for team tactics and ways to make the marksmen a strong part of the team without being overpowered. Marksmen would still be useful as snipers in the back, but they would be able to time assaults with their team to make chaos in ways currently not possible.

For example, a sniper running with a tactician could time his use of scramble so that the tactician could be sufficiently ahead of him to fire on a tactical spawn without showing up on radar while the sniper can hang back far enough to keep them both off radar but not alert nearby enemies where they are with fuzzy radar, especially when they are trying to sneak pasyt enemies to make it to the TSA with as little damage as possible. Snipers would be able to use team tactics to time their use of scramble at different parts of the map to keep enemies on their toes, as well as getting to work with tacticians in a conjunctive manner. Making scramble an active ability improves its usefulness, and will increase its pervasiveness in multiplayer, but it also balances it much better.

With this change snipers will have to time when they want to start shooting their loud gun with when their ability is active, or risk gettting seen by a tactician, making them more apt to find many good sniper locations rather than to camp in one and be a detriment to their team. Making radar scrambling come before keeping teammates off radar will help serious players differentiate between the snipers that truly want to help their team and those that truly just want portable camping, as they will stick with the level 1 ability. Currently most people don't unlock scrambler++ not because they don't want to help their team with this valuable skill, but because of its ever-present nature is a liability, so nobody benefits.

With this the conclusion is clear that the entirety of the Kilzone community would benefit with this tweaking, or rather, improvement and balancing, of the Marksmen class.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

The game is pretty much dead in a lot of people's eyes. Too much was taken out and GG has made it clear they don't listen and do not intend to listen to us on gameplay options. We should all do what is right and not buy their next game. That is basically it. Server lists were perfect. There excuses for this crap is the same old **** that has been played again and again. Utter retards cannot find a game in Server lists and we have to make our game accomdating to utter retards. This game has bitten the dust bleeding face and all. It looks like a corpse it smells like one it probably is one unless they have some sort of magical potion up their sleeves to give us back gameplay modes and a crapload more maps. I doubt it but it could happen though more than likely way too late. This DLC glitch alone has killed off the audience big time. And what is the reaction we get: I agree with you guys. No **** GG how the **** could you not agree. These guys really boil my balls. Never buying a game again from them. And that hurts me more than it hurts them.

Hi all,

Patch 1.07 will go live worldwide this morning. After the release you will get the patch automatically when you boot the game.

Lev

[ Edited ]

Great news! Really looking forward to custom games! Thanks!

On a side note, would it be possible to include more stat details online/in game? IE: How many proxi kills, melee kills etc? I earnt Gold so long ago in them, and have lost count since then , maybe even some form of leaderboard too for the various types of kills?

NM